What is Coaching?
Coaching is for people who want more
from all aspects of their personal and business lives. A coach helps people set larger, more
rewarding goals, develop a strategy to achieve them and provide support throughout the process.
It is like having a personal trainer or athletic coach- transformational, but in a business and
personal sense. The achievement of goals is something that comes more quickly as a result of the
Why does coaching work?
- Synergy: The client and coach become a team, focusing on the client's
goals and needs and accomplishing more than the client would alone.
- Structure: With a coach, the client takes more actions, thinks bigger and
gets the job done, thanks to the accountability the coach provides.
- Expertise: The coach knows how to help people make better decisions, set the
best goals, develop new skills for communicating and restructuring their professional and
personal lives for maximum productivity and satisfaction.
Where do you start with a coach?
relationship starts with a special client meeting or call to get to know each other. The coach
will want to understand the client's goals, needs, challenges and opportunities. The client
will want to get comfortable with the coach. During this meeting the coach and client create a
list of goals and game plan to reach those goals.
How do the coaching sessions
Coaching can be done in person or over the phone. In addition to
allowing frequent, regular contact, having these two options makes it easy to stay in the "coaching
relationship", since the client can call from their home, office or car if necessary. The
person coached often completes a call strategy form prior to each session, describing the
current challenges and progress they've made since the last session. Most people are coached
in four sessions per month of 30-45 minutes each.
What happens when you begin
to work with a coach?
- You take yourself and what you want more seriously.
- You take more effective and focused actions immediately.
- You stop putting up with stuff that gets in your way.
- You create momentum to achieve more.
- You lead a more balanced life.
- You set personal goals that are clear and meet your needs.
- You identify and eliminate the barriers that get in the way of the
achievement of goals.
- You communicate about what you need and want from others in a more effective